Friday, March 27, 2015

FOTD - If I Go Out After 8pm

Does not happen that often really but sometimes I do go out. 

What I love even more than going out is if I have some extra time to play around with makeup for the occasion. Its me and my fairly limited skills so nothing ground breaking here more like an attempt to blend more than two nude eye shadows and not glue my eyes shut with the eyelash glue.

My blending game is not that on point to start showing you a close up of whats going on on the lids but get the idea right. Bronzy, reflective smokey eye, helping hand from fake lashes and pinky rosy lip. This is what I have piled on for the look:

Face: Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum
         Clinique Airbrush Concealer 
         YSL Souffle d'Eclat loose powder 
        
Bronzer: NARS Laguna
Blush:    NARS Deep Throat

Eyes:  The brown shade in my Chanel Reve D'Orient Quadra palette all over the lid. NARS Mekong in the crease and NARS Dual Intensity Himalia patted on top of the lid and lots of it smudged under the eye with a wet synthetic brush. I think adding a little bit of something purple always brings out the green in my eyes so I used the Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide On eye pencil in Tornado smudged into the corners of my eye and waterline. 

I have always loved the look of fake lashes as it adds that extra oomph for an evening look. I cant be dealing with the full strip of lashes but I love these Andrea Accents Lashes 318. Gives the fluttery slightly cat eye look and is so easy to use. I do have a good coat of Gucci Opulent mascara on before putting on the fake ones.

Lips: Bobbi Brown Art Stick in Dusty Pink

Whats your current favorite evening makeup look? Do you go for the smokey eye or bold lips instead?

6 comments:

  1. Whit woo, you look lovely! Those lashes look so natural.. I hate the thick, heavy kind as they're so uncomfortable to wear. I'm feeling the lip shade too.. I go through phases of smokey eyes or bold lips. When I'm tanned, I love a bold, red lip for the evening but at the moment I'm stuck in a nude lip, major smokey eye rut! x

    Kirsty -Effortlessly Excessive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kirsty :)

      Accent lashes are the way forward I totally forget I'm even wearing them. So comfortable and easy to apply but makes a big difference in the overall look (mainly by hiding the less than perfect blending job)

      I love a smokey eye but I tend to need a lot of time for it cause it takes ages before Im happy with the overall situation so more often its a bold lip for me really. x

      Delete
  2. Ooh this is lovely! I usually never go for too bold of an eye and will do maybe a red or orange-y lip. I need to start playing with lashes though! And I love that lip colour on you by the way!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) this BB Art Stick hasnt left my handbag in weeks now.

      Definitely start with the half length accent ones. Looks much more natural, feels comfortable and is soo soo easy to apply. These ones are my favorite but sometimes I just buy any old brand and cut the lash in half and it works just as well.
      Lashes can really make a big difference in my opinion. Let me know if you have tried them out :) x

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous! and we must have very similar tastes because I have most of these make up items too!

    You've inspired me to do my next post about my make up look for Friday night :)

    Lis x

    www.elisabethrilatt.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lis! Cant wait to read your post! x

      Delete