Tuesday, May 13, 2014

New in from Clinique and a FOTD


I have picked up two little things from Clinique that I really wanted to share with you guys. 

As both of them are fairly boring (foundation primer and concealer) I figured throwing in a FOTD might spruce thing up a bit. I mean they are both great products contributing to a smooth base and whats more important that flawless complexion to layer on your less boring bits like eyeshadow and lipstick.


Newcomers are the Clinique Superprimer Universal Face Primer and Airbrush Concealer.

Few words about the primer first. Clinique Superprimer range has all kinds of color correcting options but I picked up the basic one. The one that promises to smooth and prep skin and help the foundation last longer. This water based Superprimer mainly caught my attention because silicone based primers give me the heebie-jeebies. In short conclusion the Universal Superprimer is great. It does what is says and I can see that the foundation looks so much more smooth and even. It totally blurs the smaller pores and I have been enjoying it daily. Great all around product to have.

I have only good words about the Clinique Airbrush Concealer as well. I would even say its not great but a fantastic one, especially if you have dark circles. Its creamy but doesn't settle in fine lines, its light weight but brightens any shadows super easily. I have been devoted to YSL Touche Eclat for years and I must say this one might be better on the days you need more coverage and it still manages to give you that luminous light reflection. Totally love it!


On the rest of my face you can find the Laura Mercier Mineral Powder. Still cant get over how amazing this mineral powder is. Once again have to admit Laura knows what she is talking about as she was the one constantly telling me I need this in my life. My go-to for the days I am looking for light base.

Smashbox Bronze Lights bronzer in Suntan Matte (applied with Real Techniques contour brush I love so so much). I have also rekindled my relationship with NARS Orgasm blush.


Now moving on to the eyes I wanted to play around with my Mac Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Bordeauxline. I covered the lids with Burberry Pale Barley which is such a nothing-special-yet-so-amazing eyeshadow. I really like it either as a base color or just an all around everyday shade. I then lined my eyes with Bordeauxline and smudged it out, added some more and smudged it out again. Its just as soft and neutral as my daily eye makeup usually but the purple really brings out green eyes.


Lipstick is the ever so dreamy Tom Form Spanish Pink. Seriously if you are looking for a nude peachy amazing lipstick just dont buy the 3 Mac ones you were thinking of and save up for this one. Its so worth the money and Im happy I have it. 

Hope you are well and cant wait to talk to you tomorrow again! Also I would really appreciate if you could drop me a comment which posts are your favorite? Outfit or FOTD or nail polish? I would love to include more of whatever it is you like. xxx

4 comments:

  1. Ooooooh such lovely products! That primer sounds bloody brilliant! You look great! :)

    Fee
    http://www.pingle-blog.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fiona!

      I do love the primer a lot. It does what it says so worth a try. Thank you so much :) x

      Delete
  2. Really interested to try that primer now. I've never actually used one and think it is high time I did! I love your blog whatever you post - a good mix of all three is perfect in my opinion! x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im the same. I had never used a foundation primer before and this is my first one. So far Im very happy with it..especially as it help keeping my foundation on much longer.

      Thank you so much for stopping my and commenting x

      Delete