Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Cheesecake

I say we talk about cakes today. 

More specifically baking them. I love baking but the small issue is I dont like eating cake that much. I know its unnatural..almost wrong..but Im more of cheese and salty snacks kind of a girl.
But baking cakes if one of my favorite things to do and time permitted I will always try to bring something homemade when we visit friends. I have a looong list of new recipes I want to try.

I however have that ONE cake that always works. You know the one that you can make eyes closed and is always a crowd pleaser?

Mine is a New York Carnegie Deli Cheesecake. Firstly have you been to Carnegie Deli? If not and you are in NYC please go.. its has delicious and larger than life pastrami sandwiches and amazing cheesecake.

Googling for Carnegie Deli Cheesecake gave me some decent recipes but didnt really recreate the cheesecake of my dreams. What a disappointment when even the recipe on their own webpage wasn't what I wanted- a high, not overly sweet and super creamy classical cheesecake. The kind that dreams are made of.

 Until I found this one.. because this one is perfection!

I honestly think that this cheesecake is better than anything you can get at Cheesecake factory or other such restaurants. And if you do decide to make it let me know how it turned out.




Whats your favorite go to cake recipe? I would love to try it.


From cakes I move swiftly to gifts. It happened to be my husbands birthday a few days ago. Now I really enjoy buying and making gifts. Sometimes I buy Christmas presents months ahead cause I have an idea that Im so excited about. And I suck at patiently waiting for months to give the present..hence husband got his a week before his bday cause I couldnt wait anymore. I have the patience of a 3 year old. Anyway  one of the gifts I got him was my Instagram pictures made into fridge magnets.
 They come in the exact same size you see on your phone screen and looking at them daily makes me smile so I thought I will share the idea with you as well. If you are in need of a cute gift check out Stickygram. They ship worldwide and the quality is great.


I think ending a post with a pet picture could kind of be like "my thing". What do you think? Yes we want to see endless pictures of your dog or cats or..jeez how many pictures can one person take of animals? 

Until the verdict is in I leave you with this dapper guy home from the groomer:







11 comments:

  1. I think homemade cheesecake is so much better than most restaurants. I rarely make it because I'd probably grab a fork and eat the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha..I actually got vetod by my husband to make this one unless we have guests..he tends to have it for breakfast, lunch dinner and a late night snack otherwise :D

      Delete
  2. Laura that cake is absolutely sinful! Save me a slice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura keeps promising a dinner at her place so I can meet your pups and see Roger as its been ages.

      I will soon just invite myself over and to be less rude I shall bring this cheesecake with me! plan?

      Delete
  3. This cheesecake looks delicious! My mouth is watering just reading this post - I have decided to now make this for my University house next week. Fingers crossed it goes down well haha x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never made cheesecake before! I may have to try it. My go-to recipe is my mom's Elvis Presley Pound cake. I make it for every major holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. NII! mina lähen nüüd koju kooki tegema! ja kuna ma olen ka pigem soolase- kui magusa sõber siis tõenäoliselt tuleb pärast kellelgi külla minna koogiga :) annan teada kuidas välja tuli!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. KAS SA SAAD ARU et ma kaotasin oma IT oskused või Laik nupp lihtsalt muutis meelt aga enam ma ei oska seda panna siia alla.. nädalavahetusel uurin uuesti.. täiesti topakas! aga anna teada kuidas kook tuli?

      Delete
  7. ja minule meeldib see stickyinsta kollaaž. vinge. ja eriti tuus idee!
    lase samamoodi edasi!!

    ReplyDelete