Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Mid(i)week




Firstly!

Thank you Laura for finally convincing me to start blogging.. and thank you all the lovely people who found their way to my blog..

Now lets talk about Tuesdays! I will never get used to the Middle East working week and the fact that Sunday is workday and Tuesday is midweek. Tuesday just does not feel like a midweek kind of a day.. instead it feels like a day after Monday and should in theory still be in the first half of the week..

But ok midweek it is then. And to celebrate that Im wearing heels and red lippy (Nars Red Square- my favorite color for about a year now!) to work. You will have to bear with me regarding the photo quality please. At this moment the only person to take my outfit photos is my husband and that conversation went a little like this..

Me:"Honey can you come outside before I leave for work and take some photos of me for the blog? It shouldnt take longer than 10min.."

Him:"10 min?? Thats a really long time to take pictures. How many do you need?"

Me:" I dont know the number! Only a few but I need some to choose from.. like close ups and full body and one of only shoes and..maybe I will make weird faces or my hair wount look good on some..or.."

I saw I was losing him already so figured we will have to wing it for the first one and it is what it is. (Morgan I know you will read this so thank you very much for taking my pictures.. I will bake you a cake for it I promise!)




There is a whole lot of my favorite wardrobe staples in here.

Like the basic cotton tshirt from Cos. Cos does the best basic shirts ever! I love the quality and the fit and I keep repurchasing them. Whenever I went to London I almost ran to Cos every time..and stocked up on different color tshirts and more often than not a dress as well. Its a Swedish brand and has that awesome scandi minimal design with funky cuts and good quality fabrics.

I did do a small happy dance when Cos opened in Dubai mall!





And the Cos praise will be followed with some more Cos praise because this midi skirt is also from there. Do you wear midis? I used to be soo worried before that they will make me look like a grandma and that the midi length is unflattering etc. But after I finally bought my first midi a few years back they have become one of the most worn item in my closet.

I mean it shows off your waist and makes you feel ladylike and fashionable at the same time. Whats not to love? Now if im honest there may or may not be a recent ASOS order on the way with one (read: two) new midi skirts!

Ok so..the shoes! (is it normal that a pair of shoes makes you swoon?) These are single handedly the most comfortable heels I have ever owned. I was on a lookout for a perfect classic leopard heel for ages because isnt leopard print the best basic color ever. Winner in my book any day.
Well these Diane von Furstenberg babies just tick all the boxes for me.





✓  heel hight that allows me to wear them day time 
✓  soft padding under the sole for comfort  
✓  great print with right amount of black and beige to go with everything



They are so comfortable that I went ahead and ordered the same style in black patent and I am now on the hunt for a red pair. I have a DVF shoes obsession!

So here we are, my first outfit post all done. 

Lets end this with another pet photo shall we. I thought we don't know each other so well yet so maybe its too soon to show my true colors. But I will just come out and say it- Im a crazy cat lady and its my pleasure to introduce our second rescue cat Zulu!





11 comments:

  1. niii iluuus lauraaa! ma lähen kohe interneti COS uuringutele!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shoes have blown me away, beautiful! The cat's pretty cute too!

    www.katesdays13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get it girl! You look fab. I concur re. DVF shoes - tried to order them awhile ago but the time I got around to it they had sold out dammit! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :) x

      I was lucky enough to stumble on my size of the leopard babies in Level few months back. After when I went to search online for more colors I saw most of them sold out as well. I really really want a red and a nude one now..

      Delete
  4. Love your outfit!
    Really need to go to Cos and check out their t-shirts now :)
    Maria
    xx
    thelipstickdiaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by :)

      And yes to Cos shirts! let me know if you buy any.. They have a few styles
      but this scoop neck and loose fitted one is my fave..

      xx

      Delete
  5. Love the outfit. I feel like it is something I would choose to wear too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sa oled ju nagu täitsa vana kala selles blogimises :) Järgmise posti ootele nüüd! Zulu on ever so cute, hihii!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That pic of your cat is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this outfit, very classy! I've nominated you for the Liebster Award, you can check out my questions for you over at my blog Electrik Flowers

    Stella | Electrik Flowers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your blog already:)) How do you put your outfits together? Are you "what-ever-mood-strikes-me-in-the-morning" kind of girl or do you plan the outfits the night before?Looking forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete