Friday, March 13, 2015

OOTD- Is This Another Pastel Dress?

Two outfit posts in a row. When was the last time this happened? Do not expect anything groundbreaking because here comes another lady like pastel dress.

Lets do a backstory.
This dress was no accidental ASOS purchase because I was looking for a suitable maxi for months. I had my last event at my previous job in January and it was a fancy polo affair that culminated with the finals and a fun sun downer after party and I knew I needed a perfect dress for it. A new one, the kind that would make me walk tall and feel great while running around in sun for a 12h work day but still feel put together and totally in control. But it also needed to be comfortable and work with flats or sandals so midi options were out. Ha. I know thats a lot of requirements for a dress and I agree I might over think these things sometimes but for me clothes I wear can definitely give me a boost and a mindset. So this was my "I will ace my last event and look fabulous while doing it" mindset.

"When in doubt, overdress" has always been my motto so I finally narrowed it down to this TFNC Maxi pastel dress on ASOS.



What ended up tipping me in favor of this dress was the wrap details around the bodice and the material that wasn't shiny or too eveningy. It has a great thick lining so there is no worry of exposing your underwear to the world and the one shoulder detail holds the dress in place. The fabric is stretchy so doesn't require taking mini steps when walking(I have a Topshop silk dress that makes me walk like a geisha) so this was important. Even the length was perfect for wearing with flats as I like when maxis reach all the way to the floor and you only see the shoe when walking.


I have since worn it a few more times and I actually loved the dress when teamed with my short leather jacket as well. It has proven to be more versatile than I hoped for so I might have to look into picking up a few more maxis. Its just such an easy piece to wear. If dresses are my favorite cause they are simple and you just need to match shoes then you dont even have to worry about footwear with maxis cause it probably wount show anyway.

I do have my eye on a few other maxi dresses from ASOS like this floral one, this dreamy forest green one thats on sale right now and this edgier washed black basic one.

Do you wear maxi dresses daily or do you see them only as a gala option?

10 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous dress. I love a maxi because I hate my legs and they're perfect in the Summer for dare I say avoiding leg shaving days!!

    Victoria x
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I kind of love them for the same reasons hahaha.. X

      Delete
  2. Ah I very rarely venture into a maxi length but you've swayed me. This is such a pretty dress!
    Sophie
    x

    Story Of A Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sophie! I'd say give it a go. Maxis are soo easy to wear in the summer. X

      Delete
  3. Laura I LOVE this on you! looks fantastic and you are right, so versatile - can be dressed up or down :)

    I am not loving being back in the UK :(

    Lis x

    www.elisabethrilatt.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lis :) Well time to start planning your trip back. Also good reason to order a maxi cause you could wear it next time you are in Dubai again! haha

      Delete
  4. You look beautiful in this. I love the detail of the bodice. I tend to only wear maxis on holiday in the evenings, though I don't know why, as I think they can look gorgeous styled for daytime too. x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kate :) The bodice is what drew me to it initially as well. I do know what you mean about holiday dinners I think I always wear maxis then but I do enjoy them on a weekend for lounging around also X

      Delete