Saturday, November 1, 2014

October Favorites

You know what makes me a bit sad?
That I cant seem to get on a roll with regular three posts a week like I used to. Its bumming be out because I love to blog and to read your comments and to read others blogs and you know..all of it.

However November is going to be by far the most intense and crazy-busy work month I have ever had and preparing for it plus secretly worrying about not being able to pull it off (fear of failure is my biggest area of improvement) has left me with little less enthusiasm for the blog. So thank you so much if you are still around this neck of the woods. And thank you for commenting and sometimes sending a lovely email- it makes me smile a lot!

The sob story aside I do have October favorites to talk about.



Lets do the oldies but goodies first and leave the few newer bits to the end.

Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Grandest Grape (Link) always makes an appearance around this time of the year. Its my favorite easy to wear plum shade and you can do a sheer coat or layer it on for a dark but still not vampy autumn lip.  

I do feel that all I ever write about it lip products but thats what I use and enjoy the most so I cant really help it. The most used bright lip has definitely been Sephora Matte Lip Cream Stain in 03 Strawberry Kissed (Link). In reality this is such a summer shade but as I live in perpetual summer it doesnt really matter. Formula is magic- matte, doesn't flake, stays on for hours and hours probably days if I didnt remove it in the evening. This formula is something I trust 100% and never ever have to do a quick check after eating or drinking as I know my lipstick is still perfect and in place.

The oldest of this bunch is the Mac Sable eyeshadow (Link). Possibly my most favorite Mac eyeshow ever and currently being used most days of the week. Its a no brainer everyday plummy bronzy shadow that works amazing on green eyes. I'm sure everyone knows and has this already but if you dont..please explain why?

The new bits include Sephora Pro Smoky Liner brush #24 (Link). Laura told me I need it and well when has she ever been wrong about makeup? Such a fantastic brush for outlining the eye, smudging liner and especially for adding highlighter to the inner corners. 

If you live in UK I think the best place to find the next item is here- Natura Siberica Hand Mask. If you live in Estonia then it should be easy to find. I got it as a bday gift from my friends and I have used it every night ever since. It is the best night hand treatment I have had in ages. Made out of organic ingredients it smells like berries and you wake up with soft smooth nails and cuticles. Im bad at remembering to lotion my hands but slathering this on every evening before sleep has become a bit of a ritual I deeply enjoy now. Do check it out if you can find it!

Lastly 2 pairs of my favorite earrings this month and of course both New Vintage by Kriss and also both made out of mountain crystals. Somehow colorful jewelry has really not got my attention so I have kept things super simple with either of these dainty pieces. 

Let me know what your favorites have been? Please leave a link in comments if you have done a post so I can check it out.


6 comments:

  1. yes yes yes-Sable is THE best MAC shadow ever!!

    Stacey | Expat Make-Up Addict xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I know! its is perfection! My firm second place is All That Glitters..

      Delete
  2. Great picks Laura!
    I love 'Sable' as well... but my all time favorite has to be 'Bronze'!
    You can see my favorites here: http://www.lifestyle-oasis.com/2014/11/october-favorites.html
    Have a lovely evening!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of those earrings. Sadly I dont think they retail here :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do :) actually I sell my sisters jewelry in Dubai. It is not in any store yet but I have done a few markets etc. So if you are interested I can check if I have either of those in stock and let you know :)

      Delete
  4. I didn't remember why I really felt the urge to buy Sable 3 days ago... Now, I remember! I blame you!
    No, seriously, I don't know how I manage to miss this one: it's gorgeous! Even my husband told me he loved my makeup when I was wearing it, lol. (He usually doesn't say anything about that kind of details)

    ReplyDelete