Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Your Eyelids Look Weird

Sat down at the breakfast table this morning only to have the husband stare at me for a while.

He then stated:" Your eyelids look weird. "
Me: " What do you mean weird?"
Him: " Umm..They are much more colorful than normal!"
Me: " Umm.. yeah is that a bad thing?"
Him: " No. Its just weird!"

*insert blank face*

Well a weird look was not exactly what I was going for if Im honest.

Rewinding one more hour back I was sitting at my makeup table feeling fed up with all my brown,taupe,golden eyeshadows I use day in and day out. I opened the drawer to the less used shadows and first one that caught my attention was NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Kauai. I can rock a purple eyeshadow to work I thought to myself. Hence this face of the day was done.



Base: NARS Sheer Glow (Link) is still the everyday choice for now.
          Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer (Link) still totally love this and do not understand why it is not sold in Dubai?
         
Blush: Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Exposed. Perfect nude almost not there blush. 

Eyes: Nars Duo Eyeshadow in Kauai (Link). The purple shade dusted all across the lid and then packed on towards the outer corner. Also added some purple onto the lower lashline.
         Clarins Crayon Khol Long-Lasting Eye Pencil in Intense Black (Link) smudged into the upper lashline. This one comes with a handy smudge brush at the other end.
          Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara (Link).

Lips: Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in 01 (Link)

You see what a wuss I was being. So careful about not using a colorful lip and only the most natural blush I own.

I ask you to give me your honest opinion.
Do my eyelids look weird to you? Because I shall return right back to my safe neutral browns if you say they do (secretly I think I like this look).


3 comments:

  1. Ah aha ah, men and makeup...
    Of course not, your eyelids don't look weird! With your eyes, a purple shade is beautiful! You can try to add a little bit more liner to really define the lash line and your husband won't see the colour of your eyelids, just your beautiful eyes! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally love this kind of make up! It's not weird at all, maybe for someone it's just to brave to wear this to work, but it depends on where're you working.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do not look weird at all. In fact, I really like this plum/purple look on you. My husband likes me with no makeup (not going to happen if I am going outside our home) or very natural tones, but I like to experiment once in a while. Frankly, I think that it's the change that men don't like. The husband likes the color olive and almost every shirt is either olive or black, even though I think he looks amazing in blue, cream, red as well. Once something they like is in their head, that's it. Very difficult I find to change their minds. Back to the eye shadow...I think I may have to pick up that Nars Duo although I am blonde with blue eyes. Hopefully it will work for me too! :)

    ReplyDelete