Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Life Lately #10


I read Lauras post and immediately felt the urge to throw together my own. The winter in these sandy parts of the world means social life as well as work tempo pick up so I though I will pick up where I left off with my Life Lately posts. So I looked into the album on my phone and chose some moment to share with you. Left to right it goes something like this:

- A totally gorgeous Diptyque event I had the pleasure to attend. It was the release of 34 Collection that includes not only luxurious candles in hand crafted porcelain vessels but also stationary and perfume. I learned a lot about the brand and came away with a wishlist including their solid perfumes and elegantly designed room diffuser. This brand is just utter luxury!

- From a fancy penthouse event to eating street food on the grass. My favorite ever way to spend a Friday is back- Ripe market! Its fun, colorful farmers market full of yummy food, delicious drinks, pretty peonies and cool handicrafts. We had a delicious late breakfast from Taqado- I mean its never too early for some Huevos Rancheros right? Cant wait for Friday to make our way down to Zabeel Park again.

-We have a picture of my zoo for no other reason than..LOOK HOW CUTE THEY ARE!

- After an almost 3 month hiatus I'm back in gym. It sucks! I'm sore and weak and I dont understand why I ever stopped for 3 months? What was I thinking? Anyway there is a lot of cursing in the morning when I have to drag my hurting muscles out of the bed.

- Kind of carrying on from the gym motivation but also a mental work period ahead I love this quote about half-assing! It makes me smile every time I see it!

- bottom left we have a lot of greenery which might seem odd for desert. That is because I am in the Garden Center picking out plants. We moved into our place in spring and it soon got too hot to enjoy the garden but now..the most glorious months are ahead and I plan to get some cool furniture and more plants and spend as much time in our small garden as humanly possible.

- the most important thing about October is the birthday of our impossibly smart, cute, cuddly and perfect dog Mate. He is 5 years old now!! He has lived in 3 different continents and as my husband likes to say "if he could hold a pen he would be writing his memoirs at this point".  Oh and if you didnt know this yet..yes..yes we are the kind of people who buy a balloon for our dogs birthday! I love my Mate!

- lastly comes a work event which happened to be a Gary Barlow concert. He was nice but he ain't no Justin Timberlake. I also realized I know very few of his songs (I did give my all at least when Back For Good was played). I think this was more fun for people from the UK as they knew all the songs and everyone was singing along.

So a little overview of whats been going on. Hope you enjoyed and I will definitely be making this more of a regular thing again.


4 comments:

  1. I love Life Lately posts-and love Mate's balloon!

    Stacey | Expat Make-Up Addict xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you should have seen the situation when we bought the balloon. Lovely little Philippi lady selling us the balloon asked..ohh whos birthday is it for? Morgan with a stone serious face said..our son. Lady had the biggest smile..until he added. Oh he is a dog! Lady got very confused..started laughing nervously thinking we are joking. Saw our serious faces and didn't know what to do-she was so not understanding what is going on! Apparently we are the first people she ever seen buying a balloon for their dog? :D :D

      We are easily entertained obviously :D

      Delete
  2. Love these kind of posts!
    Couldn't help myself but laugh at your story with the Philippina lady! Hi Maaaaam! :-)
    I need to drag my hubby to the ripe market... it sounds like something I would enjoy!
    Happy birthday to your handsome Mate!
    Good evening Laura!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love the photo of Mate with his balloon. He looks so happy with it! Also laughing at the half-ass quote and your assessment of Gary Barlow. Poor Gary! I can just imagine him singing his heart out and you thinking, ok, but you ain't no Justin Timberlake! He's pretty big here in the UK so to me that sounds like a very exciting work event! x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete