Thursday, November 13, 2014

Comfort Zone FOTD

I thought I will show you my current comfortable makeup rut and the products I have been using on most days.

Its nothing innovative I'm afraid we are still safely in the land of taupe browns and other similar eyeshadows with a dash of lipgloss (that gets changed for a bright lip every now and then). But it takes me minimal effort and time in the mornings and I'm all about that extra snooze.

Now I dont want to lie because there are days where I feel that nothing else but a cat flick will do so I spend that extra 10min of trying to perfect my eyeliner but most morning I choose having a longer morning cuddle with the dog and cats. To be honest anything that requires a steady hand in the morning is a bit of a challenge as this is the time Yallas loves to jump up and down on my lap.


The winning combo for those "lets-just-smack-stuff-on" mornings is Mac Sable eyeshadow (Link) packed onto the lid and blended lighter into the crease. On top of that goes By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Misty Rock (Link). I still have a lot of love for this shimmery plummy cream stick. I think this alone is a bit weak for me but paired with Sable you couldn't get a better match. It also blends like a dream and stays put for the whole day. This is shimmer in its best form no glittery bits in sight.

On the rest of my face you can find:
Face: NARS Sheer Glow foundation
          Clinique Airbrush Concealer
          Laura Mercier mineral powder

Bronzer: Smashbox Bronze Lights bronzer in Suntan Matte
Blush: NARS Orgasm
Mascara: Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes
Eyeshadow: Mac Sable, By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Misty Rock and a bit of Silk Teddy (from Too Faced Natural Eyes palette) in the inner corner 
Lips: NYX Butter Gloss in Apple Strudel

Whats your current favorite every day eyeshadow? 
Something that makes you feel put together but is super easy to use as well.. 

3 comments:

  1. I would never have thought have putting the By Terry OVER an eyeshadow. I finally found a cream shadow stick that was everything I hope Misty Rock would be-Its from Trish McEvoy and I just love!!

    Love Nars Orgasm so much and I must break open my Tarte mascara

    Stacey | Expat Make-Up Addict xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love this! :) you look fantastic Laura!

    My every day eyeshadow at the moment is the Charlotte Tilbury Sophisticate Palette, such an easy, quick, look to create :)

    Lis xx

    www.elisabethrilatt.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty Laura! My "I really have to be quick" eyeshadow is Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze. One quick swipe over the lids and it's done! x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete