Monday, July 11, 2016

Bits from Becca


A day after Becca was released in Dubai I was already in a taxi on my way to Sephora. I'm not joking. I wasn't this excited even when NARS arrived. Probably because I hadn't tried anything but one highlighter from Becca and read so much about the brand. I had to go dip my fingers in every possible tester pot and pan ASAP/

I knew I wanted one of the Shimmering Skin Perfector Luminous Blushes and as per usual I trust Laura and went for Camellia that she raved about. It looks a bit scary in pan but trying best to describe it I would say its a medium warm rose toned pink that has crazy color payoff and subtle shimmer. And when I say color pay off I mean you need the fluffiest feathery brush that touches the pan once. Anything more and this can get out of hand (speaking of experience here as first time I applied it I couldnt resist swirling the brush around..mistake!). Light hand is the key and you are left with serious glowy healthy looking cheeks. On me this shade lasts up to 6-7h no problem which is impressive for a blush. All in all I have not reached for any other blush for a month now.

I didn't feel the need for another highlighter as I already own Champagne Pop but definitely felt the need to pick up more than just a blush. Under Eye Brightening Corrector seemed like something I can use in my never ending battle of dark circles and creased under eye area. This promises to totally eradicate under eye darkness and not to settle in fine lines or wrinkles. First time I over did it and layered way too much under my concealer. The brightening effect is amazing- better than anything I have tried- but covering the whole under eye area with this left me a creased mess that even after powdering made my mascara smudge instantly. I was bummed because I loved the look but honestly the texture is just too creamy. I still like it so I have made it work for myself. I take a tiny bit and blend it with my fingers only at the parts that are actually dark so I keep away from using too much. Then I add a  very light layer of reflective radiant powder ( I use my YSL Souffle D'Eclat). I finish off with a concealer which is currently either Charlotte Tilbury or Maybelline Age Rewind. It still makes my mascara smudge a bit faster than normal but it also has the most amazing brightening effect so you win some you lose some.

Now I am super tempted to try out the new foundation by Becca. Aqua something something?

Is there anything else I should definitely buy on my next trip to the mall?

4 comments:

  1. I can't get the under eye concealer to work for me either! it seems to highlight dryness under my eyes even more. I love Camellia tho! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sooo torn about it. I love the effect but at the same time its definitely not perfect for me. I need some new miracle product for my under eyes!!! x

      Delete
  2. Ah that's a shame that the corrector makes your mascara run! I absolutely love it. I really enjoy the ombre nude palette...it's really basic but the quality is amazing and it's a really good multitasked (eyes, brows, contour). I also love the shimmering soufflé blushes and flower child or wild honey from their original blush line.
    My mom has been using the Aqua Luminous foundation and absolutely loves it.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my thats a whole lot of Becca love I now want to try! Im not sure they have the full range out here I never saw the palette at the stand but I will check. I would definitely buy the foundation if its out here. Thank you so much for the suggestions! xx

      Delete