Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Polished /first edition/


We have previously established I like painting my nails.

I am the weirdo who feels utterly devastated if a nail polish chips and I cant take it all off RIGHT THIS SECOND. I do understand other people will probably not notice but it doesn't matter. I notice and I feel uncomfortable if my nails are not perfect.. yes Im sure there is some underlying issues here but lets move on.

I like changing the nail polish often which is also the reason I have never gotten gelish or anything else that makes me commit to a color for longer than a few days. Thirdly I just like buying nail polishes and cant justify it if I dont use them often.

So this brings me to todays post of my January favorites. These are the ones I have reached for most often last few weeks:
It pretty much goes between dark and pastel for me constantly no matter the season. There is however always one red I will use as I just love the look of a properly maintained, short and round red nails. This months fav of the darks was O.P.I. Give me Moor! (on the left). This is proper dark polish with purple undertone. O.P.I. is easily my favorite polish brand and I especially love all their dark colors. 

The red that I reached for the most in January was a fairly new O.P.I buy in Malaga Wine. A dark classic wintery red that just make me feel like such a lady. Well any red polish does that dont you agree? I feel like I should act more grown up whenever I have red polish on..

My favorite pastel combo was the same shown on my first ever blogpost. The Nailstation-Fashion Reaction and my new much loved addition Bourjois-Vampire Vanity

I will leave you with my most recent manicure. I dont do much nail art besides playing around with some glitter polish or painting a different color accent nail but to celebrate the upcoming Valentines Day I figured a tiny little heart was in order.





On my nails:

✓ Essie First Base base coat

one coat of Essie Ballet Slippers followed with a coat of Essie Hi Maintenance (this combo is a b*tch to apply at first and can come off streaky but becomes much easier once you get the hang of it). It is the combo I wore at my wedding so I practiced a lot.

 drew the heart with BarryM Raspberry

✓ finished it off with my favorite top coat O.P.I RapiDry




I know thats a whole lot of talk about nail polishes. Lets wrap this up.
My ASOS order should arrive any day now so there shall be outfits posts for sure.



Follow my blog with Bloglovin



4 comments:

  1. Ah I did an almost identical manicure with Ballet Slippers and a teeny heart recently too! I have to agree about being a perfectionist over chipped nail polish. It bothers me a lot when other people leave their nail polish chipped to the point where it's 50% removed because I personally think it looks so un-groomed. We spend time perfecting our makeup and outfits - nails shouldn't be any different!

    Jade | The Jade Aesthetic

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this mani! I'm such a polish addict, I'll have to try it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Sally Hansen Rapid Dry top coat is amazing and dries so much faster that the OPI! Check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats was my previous one actually. I do love it.
      Totally agree on it drying much faster, that isnt OPIs strongest point, but I find OPI makes my polish last longer. Less chipping.

      Thanks for the suggestion thou :) Im wondering about Essie top coats? Have you tried any?

      Delete