Monday, June 16, 2014

OOTD - Pale Pink and Faux Leather

First of all before you get shocked on further scrolling I need to tell you something. Im wearing faux leather shorts in this post (!!??). Me- the girl who almost never wears shorts and whose wardrobe is made up of flowy, feminine dresses actually owns a pair of those and wears them out of the house! This is just cray-cray I know.

But lets ease you into this by starting with the top. Remember in this post I told you how I enabled myself into buying some tops from Mango. The pink strap top is one of them. It is now on sale and I'm tempted to pick up a few more colors cause its great. Thick material that falls nicely, it has inner lining so its not see through, great length to also wear with jeans, pastel colors to choose from- ticks all the right boxes if you ask me. Mine is a very pale pastel pink but as the pictures were taken at sunset the sky was a bit pink as well and the right color doesn't really show on these photos.


 Should we address the shorts next? They are a few years old from Blanco so I cant give you a link. I tried to find something similar that is in stores atm but everything is too short( like these..soo teeny tiny!). You see the thing I love the most about these fake leather shorts is their cut. Its high waist, slouchy leg and its end almost mid thigh. So even if the leather material suggest an edgy sexy vibe the cut is not ass skimming or tight.

Honestly I dont wear these shorts very often but once in a blue moon I feel like it and this weekend was one of those times.

The cuff is from COS. I dont see the exact one in stores now but this is pretty similar. Earrings are tiny rock crystal squares from Rocking Halo collection by NVbyK. They go with everything and are at the moment my most worn earrings.

Whats your "faux leather shorts"? I mean do you have an item in the closet that doesn't really match with the rest of your style but makes you feel great once in a while?

8 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous! I love this outfit on you and your make up also looks really lovely - very glowy and healthy :)

    My 'faux leather shorts' are anything that is 'maxi' I have a couple of maxi dresses and a maxi skirt which I adore but always feel a bit out of my comfort zone and as though they're not really 'me' when I'm wearing them! But I do love them :)

    The top is gorgeous, I'm going to check them out when I'm next in Mango :)

    Lis x

    www.elisabethrilatt.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elisabeth.

      I totally bought the top in black and in light blue as well. I mean I *needed* them obviously. ha ha x

      Delete
  2. I love this outfit - it looks so chic!

    My "faux leather shorts" would probably be any garment for the lower half of my body that is not jeans! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kate! I think im the opposite. I only own one pair of blue jeans and usually when I wear them someone at work will comment along the lines of "oh wow so weird to see you in jeans. I have never seen you in jeans before etc etc" :D x

      Delete
  3. Hmmmmm! Let me think... Well, I guess I have to say that my "faux leather shorts" are actually my faux leather skinny-trousers. I have had them for many years now. So, they are not just a one-season stand. They are my true love. Although they are so not me, I suspect that we look rather stylish while together. ;) To be honest, it´s strange that I don´t think (faux) leather trousers as something "very me", because I think I´m quite decent (genuine) leather wearer - I like to wear leather skirts and even leather dresses. Mystery! I think Mulder and Scully are needed to solve this case... ;D

    And of course you look adorable in your faux leather shorts. In my opinion, everyone should wear their "faux leather shorts", if they looked so good in them! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tsau Maarja :)

      Sul on niii tore blog! Eile kohe unustasin ennast tykiks ajaks lugema! x

      Delete
  4. Need kunstnahast püksid on küll väga tuusad tõesti, super lõige! Ja YSLi puhul jah, võimalik, et neil on juba mõni uus ja parem toode väljas, aga ma olen järjest mitu tükki neid ostnud. Need on vähese läikega, aga ma armusin ka nüüd mattidesse ära ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mul on t2iega no spending month praegu nii et isegi ole uudistama l2inud poodi sest ma tean kyll kuhu see "uudistamine" viib. Kuu l6pus on uue huulepulk t2iega number one necessity :D

      Delete