Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Grandest Grape

I have been a bit of a lipstick hoarder lately. Like this chubby stick.. a total impulse buy that luckily worked out great.

Clinique has a promotion on chubby sticks at the moment so the advertisements are plastered all over. I got lured in by the pretty tall stand with many color options at Debenhams. Its not overly surprising as I own the chubby stick in Pudgy Peony shade and use it daily so a new one sounded tempting.

I love these little pencil shaped bullets. They are opaque for a lip balm and super moisturizing. They dont bleed and last decently long. I mean a few hours max but for the soft and balm like consistency I consider it great. I personally think they have the perfect balance of pigmentation and soft texture. Especially for the darker shades in the range.



I stayed strong and didn't get another pink but instead reached for Grandest Grape. Its a great alternative for dark berry toned lipsticks and easy to wear day time. It has been on my lips every other day now and I love it more and more.


If you are a girl who usually shies away from lipsticks Chubby Stick is a great easy introduction. Is there any other shade you own that I should check out?


Oh yeah and I totally have to add this photo of Zulu circling around the chubby stick waiting for the perfect moment to strike.



6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colour! I also really like the blush you have on, it looks very pretty and compliments Grandest Grape nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Don't own any, yet, but I did recently purchase a Revlon version to try out, of course in a soft pink colour and a berry shade... ;) A pattern here, maybe?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah I know! It always has to be in the pink toned family for it to catch my attention too! How are you liking the Revlon ones?

      Delete
  3. I really like the chubby sticks! I'm a total lipstick lover but I find that these are easier to use on the go than regular lipstick! I love that last picture with your cat :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally argee. The pink I have I can even slap on without a mirror but this grape tone is too pigmented for that. I do feel they are like a more carefree alternative to lipsticks. Which colors do you have?

      Delete